Het Actiefonds is looking for board members
Who are we?
Het Actiefonds is a unique and independent fund that has been supporting social movements and grassroots activists for over 50 years. We provide financial support for protests, demonstrations, strikes and other forms of direct action aimed at combating exploitation, climate change and social and economic injustices.
To ensure a flat organizational structure and maximum financial impact, Het Actiefonds consists of a small self-managed team of 4 professionals that is supported by voluntary working groups of circa 50 regional specialists in total. The board of Het Actiefonds operates from a distance and oversees the organization’s overall direction and strategic focus.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an idealist who wants to work towards a just world and believes that social movements play a vital role in achieving this;
- You have experience in providing oversight and strategic directions to teams and organizations, preferably in the non-profit sector and/or activist groups;
- You are available for approximately 6-8 hours per month;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Human resources
- Institutional fundraising
- Individual fundraising/marketing
- You have (limited) working knowledge of the Dutch language.
The board meets 8-10 times a year and communicates regularly by telephone and e-mail.
What can we offer?
As board member of Het Actiefonds, you will be part of a force that works towards worldwide radical social change. Alongside other committed experts, you will have the opportunity to take initiative in a way that is truly meaningful to you and others. Positions on the board are not renumerated.
We support a variety of interconnected movements on every continent. That is why expertise of and diversity in nationality, gender identity, class, racialization, sexual orientation and ability are essential. We especially encourage those who are historically marginalized within the field to apply for this position.
Apply before March 2nd, 2023 by sending your resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com. For more information, please call: 020-6279661.