Oxfam Novib is looking for an Administrative Officer to support people in making change happen.
Oxfam Novib is part of a global movement of people with a shared mission. Together we fight inequality and injustice. We stand in solidarity with courageous activists demanding global change: from tackling exploitation in production chains and tax evasion, to demanding fair climate policies and equal rights for all people. Together with our partners, Oxfam Novib brings people, businesses and governments together and challenges them to make change possible. Also in the Netherlands.
Oxfam Novib is an organization with more than 60 years of experience in international cooperation. We are part of the Oxfam confederation that is active in 90 countries. Together with our colleagues, partners and local communities, we work to achieve concrete results for people and change towards a fair, just and sustainable world.
The Administrative Officer is part of the Staff Bureau unit of Oxfam Novib: a unit that advises and supports the Board of Directors on strategic, legal and organizational management matters. You will work closely with the two Management Assistants and the Legal Counsel of Oxfam Novib. Part of your time is also dedicated to recruitment administration for which you will work closely with Oxfam Novib’s HR, People & Culture (HRPC) team.
The Administrative Officer will support several work streams within Oxfam Novib with administrative activities. The focus of activities will be on management- and recruitment support and legal administration. The Administrative Officer is expected to work flexibly between the three key areas of work by staying informed where its presence is required and by planning ahead. The position works closely with Oxfam Novib's recruiter (HRPC), the Legal Counsel (Staff Bureau) and the two management assistants (Staff Bureau).
This role works on tasks across different teams and therefore requires a high degree of flexibility to be available when the workload in management assistance, legal or recruiting demands it. The Administrative Assistant is therefore a proactive and service-oriented person who knows exactly where and when they are needed.
As Administrative Officer, you will play an important role in:
- Supporting in agenda management, scheduling and logistics of meetings of both Leadership Forum (management team Oxfam Novib) and Board of Directors;
- Logistical organization of meetings that Oxfam Novib directors are hosting or participating in;
- Assisting at the secretariat in case of absence of one the Management Assistants (e.g. annual leave).
- Processing legal documents in preparation for the notary of Oxfam Novib;
- Maintaining contact with notary and Oxfam country offices about legal-administrative matters;
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to Oxfam Novib's lawyers for Legal's operational matters such as recruitment, registrations and procurement.
- Contributing to a successful "candidate journey" together with the Recruiter and in that you are responsible for the administrative handling of applications.
- Scheduling of interviews and keeping close contact with the candidate during the application procedure.
- Ensure a correct registration of contacts in the ATS system.
- Concluding procedures with candidates correctly and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we looking for?
- You have strong knowledge of organizational administration processes – knowledge of legal or recruitment administration is a plus;
- You have obtained relevant experience in a similar administrative position, preferably in an international environment;
- You work in a structured way and are brilliant planner;
- You are pro-active and service-oriented in informing where your professional expertise is needed;
- You are a team player and can move smoothly between different areas of work;
- You have a MBO (4) or HBO degree in relevant field;
- You have a professional working proficiency in the English language (both verbally and written) and are fluent in Dutch.